This semester I have all of my classes on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays. While that ends up being really great on Thursdays and Fridays, during those three days I barely have time to use the bathroom. My classes are also at horrible times for eating meals at a normal time, so I have been eating lunch around 3:00 pm and Dinner around 9:0 pm. Since I usually eat my meals at noon and 6:00 pm, my stomach hasn’t been a very happy camper. I have been trying to keeping snacks in my bag to stop my stomach from making angry noises, but it was hard to come up with ideas for things that I can keep in my tote without having them go bad throughout the day or getting crushed by my laptop or books. I decided to make a list of my own that I could refer to when food shopping and since I’m assuming there’s other college students out there with a similar issue or students who just get hungry during class I figured I could share the list on here. I tried to choose things that didn’t take much prep because let’s be real, not college student has the time to sit and make their own granola bars. Almost all of the things you can buy already ready to go and then just put them into baggies once you buy them that way you can grab and go as you head to class. I also tried to choose healthy options since I tend to eat pretty junky food during the semester.
- Rice Cakes
- Honey Nut Cheerios (or any other cereal really)
- Grapes and Apple Slices
- Roasted Seaweed Snacks (You can find these at Trader Joes!)
- Ritz crackers with peanut butter (If you make them into little sandwiches the peanut butter won’t get everywhere)
- Turkey jerky
- Popcorn (My current obsession)
- Mini Muffins (Perfect for those early morning classes. Try these chocolate chip ones that only take 25 minutes to make. While they do take some prep, you can make a bunch over the weekend and then eat them throughout the week)
- Luna bars or granola bars or kind bars or whatever bars tickle your fancy
- Dried Fruit (Apples, Mangos, Craisins, oh my!)
- Trail mix
- Sesame Sticks (You can usually find them in the nuts section at a grocery store)
- Veggies straws (In the chips aisle)
- Fruit Snacks
What snacks do you like to eat while on the go?