It doesn’t hit you until you are making your packing list for college how many items you really need in your life. I’ve pinned countless numbers of college packing lists and I finally finished my list today(it ended up being five pages long in word and it doesn’t even include clothing). As I was making my list and talking to current college students I thought of things I originally would never have thought of.
1. Ice Cube Tray – My current freezer has an automatic ice maker so ice cube trays at my house are basically ancient history. I like my water cold so when filling up a water bottle for a day of classes or the gym I’m going to want ice to keep it cold for the rest of the day. I also planning on using one or two to organize my jewelry drawer. Wouldn’t they be perfect for that?
2. Brita Water Pitcher – Sink water just doesn’t seem appealing to me and this is a cheaper alternative to bottled water.
3. Downy Wrinkle Releaser – One of the orientation advisers at orientation suggested getting this. She said it’s great for getting the wrinkles out quickly for an internship interview and let’s be honest, if you don’t iron now you’re definitely not going to iron in college.
4. Pencil Cup – Need a place for all of those pencils and pens instead of splayed across the desk.
5. Febreze – Nobody wants a bad smelling dorm room and this is a quick fix to the problem.
6. Nail Polish Remover – Maybe it’s just me but I thought about packing nail polish, I just didn’t think of packing a way to get it off. You can also use it to clean off marks from permanent marker, clean your patent leather shoes, remove stickers from metal and glass, and clean your laptop keyboard.
7. Deck of Cards – For my friends and I a fallback boredom buster is a game of cards and I won’t be able to use that without a deck.
8. Flash Light – In case of emergency
9. Social Security Card – You will need it when applying to jobs and you won’t want to wait to have your parents send it to you.
What is something you think should be added to the list?